This position is responsible for providing effective, efficient support to Analysts and Senior Analysts on the Financials Team in all steps of the equity research process.
Resume submission deadline is rolling. To be considered for this opportunity, qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no third party candidates.
It is important to note that unlike other positions at Brandes, assignments in the Research Associate Program are designed to provide a four-year job opportunity and employment with Brandes following the program is not guaranteed.
- Idea Generation – Create, maintain, and evaluate equity screens with the purpose of finding potential new investment ideas.
- Information Collection – Collect, organize, and distill industry data from a wide variety of sources including company financial reports, presentations, third-party research, trade journals, periodicals, books, databases, and newswire services.
- Security Analysis and Evaluation – Conduct historical financial analysis, build and maintain valuation models, and assist in the valuation process of individual equities. Participate in meetings with senior management teams from around the globe and interact extensively with sell side research analysts.
- Report Writing – Clearly and concisely present the conclusions of the research process in written form, including drafting company descriptions, industry analyses, and valuation discussions.
- Presentations – Verbally communicate and present company specific research in group settings, including fielding questions from internal investment professionals.
- Other – Provide periodic support for client retention and marketing activities. Assist in maintenance of the firm’s statistical databases. Maintain ongoing knowledge of departmental procedures. Perform special projects as needed. Maintain confidentiality of client information. Attend and participate in staff meetings
- College graduate with up to 2 years of experience
- Ability to think quantitatively and analytically
- Business writing aptitude
- Foreign language skills are valued, especially Japanese and Mandarin
- Passion for investing
- Accounting and corporate finance skills a plus
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Brandes Investment Partners, L.P. will not request credit information or reports (or other sensitive information) from a job candidate via email. Please report any suspicious emails from Brandes at Careers@Brandes.com.