This role has a broad set of responsibilities in the areas of Client Services, Marketing, Portfolio Management and Sales/Administrative support.
- Maintain knowledge of the individual clients and their investment policies, guidelines and associated restrictions.
- Maintain list of key contacts and consultants for each client within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and update as appropriate; maintain client files including contracts, correspondence and other key documents.
- Use system generated reports to analyse investment performance and prepare custom client reports, portfolio reviews and other presentation materials.
- Investigate and assist in the resolution of issues affecting client portfolios; create and prepare correspondence to clients, consultants, and senior management in relation to same.
- Assist the Client Portfolio Manager in drafting monthly and quarterly client commentaries.
- Prepare custom reports and analyses regarding client’s portfolio for IPO’s, secondary offerings, special buy/sell analysis as well as other special account holdings analyses. Stay up to date on performance of peers within competing markets.
- Assist in setting up new client accounts (segregated accounts or fund vehicles).
- Interact with internal personnel and external consultants/clients regarding client services, marketing, operations and technical support.
- Act as a liaison with vendors, delegates/partners and other departments in preparation of special client reports. Respond to client/consultant requests for information and questionnaires in a professional manner. This will include collecting and aggregating necessary data from appropriate areas within the firm.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Maintain familiarity of the weekly trading schedule, securities being bought/sold, allocations, and the appropriate model portfolios. Review daily trading activity and complete portfolio model comparisons.
- Review proposed purchases and sales of securities for client accounts.
- Prepare and enter trade orders into system with Portfolio Manager approval.
- Research and resolve account discrepancies as reported by custodians (i.e., debit cash, trade errors, corporate actions, etc.).
- Maintain a good knowledge of the trading system and trade settlement procedures.
- Act as a liaison with transition managers for initial or subsequent deposits or withdrawals.
- Create and prepare monthly and quarterly reporting to senior management and the Board.
- Create and prepare reports for inclusion in regulatory filings and assist delegates/partners in preparation of reports.
- When necessary, coordinate communication, administration, and follow-up on client accounts with other departments (i.e., Transitions, Operations, Trade Support, etc.).
- Work with the sales and portfolio management teams in the preparation of marketing materials, including the creation of new slides/marketing materials.
- Participate in the creation and update of business-critical reports for the CEO and senior management (AUM, sales, flows, CRM reporting).
- Monitor Brandes EMEA website to ensure materials/links are up to date, accurate and relevant.
- Coordinate with appropriate internal departments/external partners to produce/assist in the creation of reports and information needed by the EMEA team.
- Maintain knowledge of BIP investment philosophy and rationale, products and services.
- Maintain knowledge of marketing materials associated with our products and the servicing needs of consultants and clients.
- Work with the sales team to identify top prospects in the region, including researching databases and other online sources.
- Develop strong knowledge of analytical tools such as Morningstar Direct, Evestment, Axioma and others to assist the sales team in the analysis and construction of peer group analysis (UCITS funds and Managed account solutions).
- Maintain a peer group analysis on priority one strategies.
- Assist the relevant sales group throughout the sales cycle.
- Assist in the completion of Request for Proposal (RFP) documents.
- Provide back up support for other members of the EMEA team who are out of the office.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of departmental procedures.
- Answer incoming phone calls and satisfy client/consultant requests, or forward to the appropriate person.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- As a member of a small office, you may be asked to provide assistance on tasks outside the responsibilities mentioned above.